Well connecting to a Free or Paid VPN doesn't assure you 100% anonymity,some corrections should also be performed from user side too,the browser which you use leaks some confidential information which reveals your true IP address.There are some elements in the browser which should be disabled.
The options which should be disabled are :
- Web RTC Leak
- Adobe Flash
These options should be disabled from browser settings.
Steps to Check your Anonymity when connected to VPN:
- Connect to VPN ( to any country).
- Open whoer.net in browser
Better check this video below to know your anonymity level when connected to VPN:
Also Read: How to Check your Anonymity Level when Connected to VPN
Once after opening whoer.net , now click on the " Your Anonymity " and see what are all the options which reduces the anonymity level.
- You may see " DoNotTrack" to be disabled , you can do that by going into your setting -> advanced settings -> then tick on " DoNotTrack " request to send.
- And then open a new tab in chrome and go to chrome://plugins to disable Adobe Flash. If you are using any other browser such Firefox , then you can find Flash in Addons or Plugins sections in the settings.
- And finally , you have to install a extension for chrome foe Web RTC Leak , which cannot be disabled in your chrome browser.Go to the following url to add the extension here.
- And the main thing is , you should change the time in your PC according to the country which you are connected in your VPN.
Better watch the below video to understand better: